Hello boys and girls it’s been a long time since we last chatted and you peeped into my head. As the opening line for “A Tale of Two Cities” says “it was the best of times and it was the worst of times.” That is how I would like to describe my stay here in Paducah. I love it when people ask me where I’m from, and I love saying proudly that I’m from Chicago. A smile comes to my smile as I start talking about Chicago. The best part is when they are also from Chicago and we start comparing Chicago and Paducah. I have not yet come to meet a person that tells me that they dislike Chicago. I miss Chicago and everything about the city with a passion. I miss walking around downtown rushing past faceless people. I miss watching the homeless person with his sign looking at the faces of wealthy people passing along Michigan Ave. I never give money to people with a sign hanging around them, because come on people how lazy can someone be that they can’t pull out a hand and ask. Sometimes I feel like screaming out to their face and saying “maybe that’s why you are homeless because you are too fucking lazy to get up and ask for money.” Listen to me; I have not changed have I? I’m still the grumpy person that goes crazy at times.
There have been days in which I do not eat simply because I don’t have the money to eat. Well I take back because I do eat. Before I go to work I eat a lot that way I don’t get too hungry in the day. Then I eat again when I get back to the apartment. But I’m mostly thank for…because without…there would actually be days that I would go without eating. I thought that I had gained weight because I was only fast food, but when I went back to Chicago my family said that I lost weight.
As for my art, I wish I could I say that it’s going good. Connie from the O Gallery already asked me if I had anything done and I was sad to say that I only have one print done. I started sketching many images but I don’t have the lights nor the money to rent the equipment to setup the image. But in the bright side I did get many old images from home and I will start scanning the images and the wheels will start rolling. Yesss….
But now I wish to say hi to: HEATHER (even though we have been playing phone tag), BIG J (from the photo-lab), ABE, CHRISTINA, CONNIE, ANA (cashier), SONIA (from the service desk), DAVID (from Auto), DAVID (from hardware), TRACY, JACKIE, ISRAEL Assistant Manager SERGIO, JANET, MELLISA, MIGUEL (oops I mean Co-Manager), ROSALBA, JOANNA, KARENA, JOSE R, CSM TIFFANY, TERRY, JOE, MICHELLE, NANCY, RAMIRO, DEMETRIA, and sorry to the people I forgot, but hi also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
zhey cip, its been a very long time since the last time that i'v seen you! but its finally great to hear from you, i just want you to come back well we all do hope to see you soon!!!!
ditto to cristina's comment!!!!!
Thank You
Post a Comment