
06/12/06
9:56am
Hello ALL i finished reading My Bloody Life: The Making of a Latin King by Reymundo Sanchez, and to tell you the truth it wasn't all that good. I had heard many good things about this book many years ago when i was in HS. But it was a waste of my time. The title of the book is the making of a Latin King, well let me just say that there is only one true chapter that talks about how he became a king. The rest of the book talks about the killings he did (which become very repetitive), many girls he had sex with, and a man.
I was talking with some other people from work that have read the book and they were saying that the only reason i didn't like it was because i couldn't relate to him. True, i didn't grow up in the "hood" but that's the job of the author to make the reader feel what the character is all about.
The first half of the book tells about his childhood and all the crazy things he did as a teen. When i came to the chapter where he becomes a King I was kinda happy. I thought to myself, yes the book is going to get good now,but i was very wrong. And can anyone please tell me what does the first chapter of the book have to do with anything regarding gang life? I don't get it.
So i give this book * (it's a one star). It was a waste of my time with way too much information that was not useful.
1 comment:
"True, i didn't grow up in the "hood" but that's the job of the author to make the reader feel what the character is all about."
Good point, it is the author's job to do that.
Post a Comment