Thursday, June 18, 2009

Decision

"A 29-year-old South Side woman was sentenced to eight years in prison today for leaving her children home alone on the night a fire killed two of her daughters."

People and we as humans are always making decision. Some are good, some we would change if we the results. The one thing for sure is that we cannot change them. If we new that the outcome would be bad, no body would make the wrong decision.

I really don't know what to thing about this woman that her kids died. When I first read about it I was angry at the lady for leaving the kids alone. I can imagine the kids waking up from the heat of the fire, scared and looking for their mommy. The small kids trying to escape not know what to do, but to hide somewhere in a corner, making it harder to firemen to find them. I get a picture of the kids.

But what if this mother is a hard working person. A woman with two jobs, not being able to afford a decent apartment and forced to live in a basement. What if this was her only day off in the last two months, and in the back of her head she never really wanted to go out. The news is not telling us that. The mother is sentences to 8 years in prison. I don't think the mother should have gone to prison for 8 years, did the judge think about her other kids now. I think what will the other kids do now, how their mother's decision to go out changed their lives. I'm sure if the mother new that something like this was going to happen she would have stayed home. She didn't kill anyone.

No comments: