Friday, April 04, 2008

Money Saving Tips

Freak, gas is way to expensive. I just spent about $50 for a full gas to tank. And I’m curious to know what are some of the ways you guys are saving money? I had one idea; I’m going to start by taking my lunch to work instead of spending $7.57 a day. Lets do the math here:

$7.57 x 5 = $37.85 a week.

$37.85 x 4 = $151.40 a month.

Ouch $151.40 and that’s just on Jimmy Jones month. I think I will also stop buying bottle water, and get my own water from my filter at home, and I drink lots of water. Lets do more math here:

$1.00 x 2 = $2.00 a day

$2.00 x 5 = $10.00 a week

$10.00 x 4 = $40. 00 a month

Keep in mind the $40.00 is without taxes, and Chicago just has passed a .5 cent per bottle tax. So at the end of the month I’m estimating to save $191.40. Alright people lets see how the money saving part goes. If you have any ideas or suggestions on more money saving tips let me know.

No comments: