
What an amazing book, it was more than what I originally thought it would be. It was a journey into the history of Chicago, and one psychopathic killer. It will for sure be one of my top books, along with A Million Little Pieces. It took me a little longer than usual to finish it, but it was worth it. I learned so much about Chicago and its rich history. I remember hearing a little about the World's Fair that was held in Chicago, but I never heard about all the work that went into it.
I'm looking that the cover of the book and imaging how it would be to walk in the White City as the sun was going down and all the lights turn on. Or simply walking into a mini city where everything is a beautiful off white color with every building standing prove of Chicago's great achievements. Also I would have loved to see the facial expressions of the people that saw the first Ferris wheel start rotating. I wish I had a time machine just to visit Chicago at that time. I wonder if Chicago will ever do something as grand as the World’s Fair
No comments:
Post a Comment