Monday, September 19, 2005

Analia Needs help!!!

Okay people Analia is a friend from UB and she needs help. This is a copy of the email she sent me.

I just wanted to let you know that I am an official candidate for the Consejo Consultivo del Insitituto de Mexicanos en el Exterior (IME): www.sre.gob.mx/ime.

What is it? It's just a group of volunteer mexicans or mexican-americans that work with the Mexican goverment in the creation of processes or proyects that benefit the Mexicans living in the US and Canada. Each state in the US has its representatives or consejeros; Illinois is the only state that elects its consejeros by voting. All the mexicans and mexican-americans are encourage to go and vote for their favorite candidates. Illinois has 31 candidates this year and only 6 would be elected to serve a term of 3 years as a Consejero Consultivo.

Why am I doing this? I want to expand my connections, bring all the possible resources to the Mexican community I work with, and for the experience I'd gain by going through this process. Again this is a volunteer position and it'll bring more work to my already busy life, however, this is an opportunity I don't want to pass and as a friend I'm asking for your support.

How? Come out and vote for me! Invite friends, family, co-workers, etc. It is just as important that we keep our community educated and involved in projects like this one that benefit all of us. I'm #4 on the ballot and it won't take a lot of your time!

Saturday, September 24, 2005
San Adalberto Church
1650 W. 17th St. (17th St. / Paulina)
it starts at 9am
You will need to prove your Mexican citizenship, take your passport, matricula consular, IFE id, birth certificate, etc. If you were born in the US, but your parents were born in Mexico, take your US birth certificate, where it states that your parents are mexican, making you a mexican citizen.

No comments: